// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Your support is needed and 2012 SE Itinery

Your support is needed and 2012 SE Itinery

Kent to Oxfordshire

Including London North,South, East & West Bedfordshire Oxfordshire Hertfordshire

Moderator: gregster

Forum rules
Disclaimer:
Please understand that the Frontera Owners Group or any organiser of events will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, accident or injury caused by attending an event. You are responsible for your passengers and for your own safety and should carry the necessary recovery and safety equipment. You agree to follow the rules of the Highway Code, Green Lane Code and club pay and play site rules whichever applies. For greenlane events; All events should adhere to the GLASS Code of Conduct, and please note that Rights Of Way often change and if a TRO (traffic regulation order) has been put in place by the local council you should not drive the lane. If you do not agree to the above you should refrain from taking part in the event.

Your support is needed and 2012 SE Itinery

Postby gregster on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:49 am

Wotcha Foggers....

We are pleased to bring you the itinery, for the year 2012, for our mud luving, frontytastic gatherings up our woods...

The new year brings some changes though, which both Sally and I hope we can count on you to support us with, so that together we can ensure the longevity of this venture that we have all worked so hard on.

The changes...
Over the past 2 and a bit years, Sally and I have subsidised the meets up the woods where the numbers attending have meant that we havent achieved the costs, or where we have needed stuff for the woods but there was no funds to spare.
Sadly we cannot afford to do this anymore and this venture, if it is to continue as we know it, needs to be both self funding and sustainable.

Self funding meaning that all the costs are met from the participation fees, and sustainable meaning that the costs need to cover hiring a machine for a couple of days each year to maintain the site and make improvements for everyone to enjoy.

We had a number of options which we discussed with members and considered...

One was to put the prices up, so that with less numbers there would always be enough taken to cover costs, but we concurred that this would be unfair to those who commit to supporting us on the most events, and in view of increased fuel prices this could make it unaffordable for those who have worked hardest on this project.

Another option was to involve another group to increase numbers, we considered Isuzu to start with, as our cars share the same heritage, but after studying activity on other forums it looked that this would not increase the numbers sufficiently on a regular basis, but our resident Isuzu ambassador, Ratcav, is aware should any of their guys want to join in.
We felt that involving any other marque in the venture (ie shoguns, suzuki) would loose the identity of what we have up the woods, and the atmosphere generated by a bunch of friends who enjoy each others company as much as getting muddy, and could also leave us fronty owners being in the minority.

We cant do less meets, I entered into an agreement with the landowner to do sufficient meets each year to make it worth his while having us take over his woodland and the disruption, albiet small thanks to everyones consideration, that we cause him.
Also it would be a shame to do less meets as we all look forwards to meeting up and doing our kind of fun.

We concluded that the best option for the continued success of this venture, is to call upon the members, our friends for your support.
We are not asking for donations, as I know you all supported us for digger weekends before, but we need a solution that is going to be sustainable going forwards, not a short term fix, and that means a way of ensuring that each meet generates enough funding.

We have carefully worked out the costings for the year to come, and divided it by the number of meets...
These costings include everything from hiring the site, to digger hire and fuel, chainsaw parts, fuel for gennies, gas, FogBog storage etc etc ...
The digger is a big expense, but an essential one nethertheless, as we need to ensure that the woods and tracks are maintained (as agreed with the landowner) and we need to make improvements and modifications to keep things interesting, safe, do-able and yet challenging.

But we need to hit these target figures, or we will not be sustainable going forwards, and if it means that I have to make tough decisions to cancel meets because the numbers arent there, then thats what I am going to have to do...
But if we cancel too many meets we will loose the use of the woods as I will break the agreement with the landowner, and sadly it will be all over.
If anyone wants me to run though the figures for this with them, let me know when I see you next and we'll sit down, have a brew and I will go through them with you.

Rest assured though, that should we make extra at any meets then this will firstly go into creating a buffer, so that we have the funds to remain on target should someone be forced to drop out last minute, and then once a buffer is created then the funds will go into buying new stuff for use up the woods.
We would like to eventually get a position where we could perhaps discount the picnics for those and come and toil on the workdays, but we need to take this one step at a time and ensure the long term success in the first instance.

So here is what I am asking of you guys...

Firstly...Attendance...
Please, please, please come to as many meets as you can, I have tried for so long to avoid the phrase "use it or loose it" but it is a sad reality and it would be such a shame considering the amount of work that has gone into this, and the fun we have all had up there and friends we have made through this.

For the members further afield, please try and come to one of our weekenders. They are great fun with a great bunch of guys down here with an atmosphere and site that is quite unique. I know its a trek, and fuel isnt cheap, but we want to share with you what we have all worked so hard to create. Car share, however you have to do it, but come join in with us, it will be great to see you and have you as our guests and enjoying the fruits of our grafting.

Secondly, being proactive...
By this I mean for everyone to try and involve other FOG members in what we do, so if there is a newbie that springs up on the forum near where you live, please try and make the time to make contact and bring them with you for the day so they can get involved to.

Try and bring someone with you in that empty seat...friends, family, other mates who offroad...The extra £5 for adults attending can make a real difference and it always great to meet new faces, you never know they may get bitten by the bug like we all have and get a truck themselves.

Involve your other offroading mates, and bring them down...I trust your judgement guys, and your friends are my friends...so if you can get some of your other offroading buddies to come as your guests in their SJ's, Vits, landys whatever, then it will really help to make this work going forwards.
Sadly Louis has sold his daihatsu as cant afford the costs of being on the road and offroadin, and Lloyd is selling his rangerover again partly due to finances.
Having their "different" trucks there has been both entertaining and interesting, they will still come and see us, but thats 2 regulars sadly gone and that will also impact on the finances. So having some different trucks for us to tow out going forwards will be great.

So its over to you guys, I know by the determination and commitment that you have all shown to get us this far, that I can count on you all so that together we can turn this around and ensure the longevity of our fun days together.

Thanks for your support so far, and I look forwards to seeing you all soon for some of our kind of fun in our own playground...

The dates for this years events :dance:

Sunday 29th January..........workday

Sunday 12th February........ Picnic in the woods

Sunday 11th March ...........workday

Sunday 25th March ...........Picnic in the woods

4th-7th May ...................FOG Annual meet

Sunday 3rd June...............Workday

16th-17th June ...............Weekender in the woods (camping on fri 15th too)

Sunday 1st July ...............workday

Sunday 15th July ............. Picnic in the Woods and bring a virgin day!

25th-26th August B/H .......Weekender (fri eve, depart monday)

Sunday 23rd Sept .............Workday

Sunday 7th October ...........Picnic in the woods

Sunday 4rd Nov ..............Workday

Sunday 18th November ........Picnic in the woods (subject to numbers)

As you can see by the dates we have worked the National Meet into the plan, and have focussed more events in the summer when the weather is much warmer, and the site is drier and more favourable to less modified trucks, and less damaging to the site. We have planned 2 weekenders again, the latter being August bank holiday weekend, so members can depart on monday after breakfast not missing any of Sundays fun, and have a leisurely drive home. We are also gonna try a "bring a virgin" day at the July Picnic, where we are going to try to get all the members to bring a newbie to offroading in a standard 4x4 to experience offroading for the first time, under the watchful eye and guidance of the seasoned members/experts. Maybe some competitions too...

Please keep an eye open for the individual meet threads in the SE Section which will be posted as each event comes up and get your name down and come and join us for a great day out....

Sorry for the long post, I thought it was important that everyone was fully aware of our situation and options available to us, and how we can best move this forwards...
But thanks for reading this, and thanks/sorry to all those who's ears I have made bleed over the last few weeks/months trying to formulate a plan to ensure our venture continues into the future.

We look forwards to seeing you all soon, and thankyou for your support up to now, and going forwards....

Greg and Sally
:wink:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Re: Your support is needed and 2012 SE Itinery

Postby gregster on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Had a chat with Mapracing Paul today...and he suggested that the "bring a Virgin" day might be better called an "Open Day" instead...

Gotta say that makes sense, and is much more sensible than my suggestion... :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the July Picnic in the woods will incorporate an "open day"...the idea of which is that everyone coming has to grab a neighbour/friend/relative in their road going 4x4 however road biased, and bring them along to give them an intro into 4wd and whats its all about.

Will be fun, we want freelanders, rav4's, subaru forresters, infact anything 4x4 that has some ground clearance. We have some tame areas up the top, and some of the climbs will are wide and dry and doable for when they get the hang of things. We'll mark out the safe routes on the maps Retro Pete did for us so our visitors will be quite safe..
You guys will mentor your friends, first showing them what goes on with 4x4 in your trucks and then assist them in theirs, and we will have a competition later on for who does best with a simple trial course that we will prepare for them. It will be non damaging and something different for everyone.

What do you think? I reckon it will be great fun, and a good preparation and insight into 4wd for those we drag to the meet. 8) 8) 8)

Also, we discussed doing some laning on the saturday early evenings of the weekenders. We should look to do some local laning trips before this meets to suss out some good routes to do, and leaders will be needed to attend this trips to familiarise themselves, so we dont have to rely on technology that invariably goes wrong!
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby bobbinsjob on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:18 pm

well next time i'm down I'll drag the 2 nieghbours in their discos (one of them seriously tricked out)
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job

Postby MG Autos (Mark) on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Will try and get to the workday on the 29th and subject to actually getting another Fronty / 4x4 will try and make as many of the picnics as I can mate 8)
MG Autos (Mark)
Member & Trader

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1994/M
Modifications: Largely Standard at the minute.
&
Standard 2010 Renault Megane 1.5 Turbo Deisel for the daily commute. Downside, no 4x4, up side around 700 miles to a tank of Diesel.......
&
Tuned Volvo C70 for Sunny Days and Roof Down Fun
&
Modified BMW R1200RT for Touring, commuting and general two wheeled fun.

Previous frontera's include numerous A series SWB 2.0, one A Series 2.2 LWB, one A Series 2.3 DT, one B Series 2.2 Petrol LWB, one B Series 2.2 DT LWB, loads and loads of 3.2 V6's.

Postby Krusher on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:33 pm

I will do as many picnics as I can manage (most of them), and I have a few mates that could be beaten in to submission aswell..... :lol: :lol:
Ramsgate, Kent
Never Imitated Often Battered
Krusher
I used to have a little pinky
I used to have a little pinky

Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: STRIDENT
Modifications: +2" suspension lift and torsion bar wind up
Maletester Kaimen MT's
CB, LED daytime runners
FOG chrome bullbar
stainless mangled side steps
Air box with room for a goldfish

Postby RatCav on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:49 am

Looking at those dates it seems I can make the weekenders, and some of the picnic days. Will definatly get to the first [icnic and will try to bring a mate plus truck. I will also promote the first weekender to the Isuzu boys and try to get a couple of them to join. I also have a mate in Reading (my best man actually) who has a Toyota Hilux pickup who may well be interested.
ImageImage

My members ride For Banshee the Trooper : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=34626

My members ride for Leeloo the Lotus Edition viewtopic.php?f=46&t=60154

Deceased

My members ride for Brenda the Bighorn : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54771
RatCav
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Vehicle Name: Banshee
Modifications: Its a Frontera that is heavily disguised as a Mk.1 LWB Isuzu Bighorn 2.8TD Lotus Edition.
Hi-roof modification.
EGR valves and birds nest of vacuum pipes removed.
Front Manual Locking Hubs.
Rear Limited Slip Differential.
Yota Surf steels, with custom paintjob. (cheers Gregster)
33x12.5" R15 General Grabber AT 2's.
+2" suspension lift.
+3" body lift.
Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm.
Irmscher wheel arch flares.
Full body restoration/respray. (cheers Gregster again!)
Region: North West

Postby gregster on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:58 am

This is a really promising start guys, massive thanks for your support.... 8) 8) 8)

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby robbie on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:09 am

Why oh Why do you have to live so far away from me would love to help out more :( :(
robbie
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.5 TDS 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: The white 1
Modifications: 2.5 the white1
none of my own as yet . but i like wat you lot are doin so gettin very tempted :). chrome bighorn D bar, body kit
2.0 1997 the gold1.
chrome bull bar to be fitted along with tinted upper and lower rear light clusters, 255x75x15 on 5spoke early A alloys
2.0 1997 green1.
wrap round bull bars, side steps, 31x10.5x15 on trooper alloys
Region: North East

Postby gregster on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:37 am

I know mate...its gutting aint it...wish you were nearer... :(

Do you reckon you can make on of the weekenders, and drag that Horses45 and 4x4Bobby down with you??? 8) 8) 8)

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby bushwacker on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:57 am

hi ya greg :) what size digger do you need for the woods :?:
bushwacker
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1997/R
Vehicle Name: ?
Modifications: 2 inch sussy lift, all terain tyres, cb recovery shackels

Postby gregster on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:15 am

3 tonner ideally Pete as they dig more effeciently...but 1.5t does alright, just not as quick or stable on the hills..

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby 2much on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:31 pm

very good post greg and well overdue - the work you, sal and numerous others have done at the woods is fantastic and it would be terrible to lose the best facility in kent.

having other marques attending is a good idea but i hope that these attend with a FOG member - we need to keep some control who access' the woods to prevent a recurrence of previous problems.

sadly now that "bring a virgin" is being renamed i am not sure i am so keen to attend :angel:

i will try and attend every event i can with the new 2.8 and more summer events mean less impact of the football. i reckon the laning is a great idea for the weekenders to bring some variety - i would be more than happy to lead some if required - i have no technology on board so will need a reccy - how about we try a mid-week evening or two closer to the time?

come on all foggers, lets get 2012 being the best in the history of the woods - remember even if you dont want to off road your truck there are normally plenty of us willing to give you a trip to remember :twisted:
2much
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Modifications: 2much!

Postby fudge on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:06 pm

well me and kelly will be comming down every time i can make it and i am looking at most play days to pop along.

as well as i am in need to drag fogman down with me
fudge
Thumper
Thumper

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1991/J
Vehicle Name: the duck
Modifications: full roll cage
snorkle
SOA lift
winch bullbar
winch(ramsey pro 8000)
hilift jack mount
waffle boards mounts
jerry cans mount
cb radio
front and rear recovery
darken leanses
8x spot light
rear work light
bucket seat
5 point harness

more comming soon
Region: Southern England

Postby MG Autos (Mark) on Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:12 am

Well think I've sorted myself out another SWB 8) doubt I'll have it ready for Feb but should be O.K. for the Picnic in March :dance:
MG Autos (Mark)
Member & Trader

Registration Year: 1994/M
Modifications: Largely Standard at the minute.
&
Standard 2010 Renault Megane 1.5 Turbo Deisel for the daily commute. Downside, no 4x4, up side around 700 miles to a tank of Diesel.......
&
Tuned Volvo C70 for Sunny Days and Roof Down Fun
&
Modified BMW R1200RT for Touring, commuting and general two wheeled fun.

Previous frontera's include numerous A series SWB 2.0, one A Series 2.2 LWB, one A Series 2.3 DT, one B Series 2.2 Petrol LWB, one B Series 2.2 DT LWB, loads and loads of 3.2 V6's.

Postby gregster on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks guys...your support is both vital and much appreciated... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Glad you found another truck Mark, cant wait to see it....(pickies????) 8)

gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.

Postby Kevin1964 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Greg
I have plenty of spare time on my hands at the moment with my not having a job at the moment. Sadly my not having a job has prevented me from driving for over 12 months due to hykes in fuel along with other costs i can ill afford at the moment. If i could get to the meets i would do and putt my hand in my pocket to help out with costs. This is the sole reason for my sadly not attending any of last years meets with kim. :(
Kevin1964
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: Southern England

Postby Bigga on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 am

in the same boat as Kevin1964,hence why truck was up for sale just recently.managed to keep hold of her though and hopefully this year will be more prosperous !.will try and make all that i can. feb should be a goer to start with...... :D
Bigga
my other cars a frontera
my other cars a frontera

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/X

Postby RatCav on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:47 am

Pencil me in for all the Picnics and Weekenders Greg.

Will try to get some others to join as well from other places.
ImageImage

My members ride For Banshee the Trooper : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=34626

My members ride for Leeloo the Lotus Edition viewtopic.php?f=46&t=60154

Deceased

My members ride for Brenda the Bighorn : viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54771
RatCav
Super Trooper
Super Trooper

Vehicle Name: Banshee
Modifications: Its a Frontera that is heavily disguised as a Mk.1 LWB Isuzu Bighorn 2.8TD Lotus Edition.
Hi-roof modification.
EGR valves and birds nest of vacuum pipes removed.
Front Manual Locking Hubs.
Rear Limited Slip Differential.
Yota Surf steels, with custom paintjob. (cheers Gregster)
33x12.5" R15 General Grabber AT 2's.
+2" suspension lift.
+3" body lift.
Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm.
Irmscher wheel arch flares.
Full body restoration/respray. (cheers Gregster again!)

Postby rospicer on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I've not made it down to any of these yet :oops: But for sure will be supporting the team this year! You can pencil me in for these meets Greg. I'm actually really looking forward to it too! Just have to get some Mud tyres asap :lol: Oh and some more rednecking to the truck :lol:
SHE MUST GET BIGGER BOOTS
ImageImage
rospicer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Registration Year: 1993/L
Vehicle Name: COMING SOON
Modifications: Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.0 manual. BFG 31" heavy duty bumpers front and rear with recovery points, coming soon 4" likt and 33" boots

Postby Wilberforce on Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Show the Wilberforce as attending for the whole season, please :lol:

The only reason I missed any of last year's was down to a slightly unreliable wagepacket as I was on the agency still and work dropped off rather sharply at times.
Anyhow, the Bus is on the road again, I've got a permanent job plus weekendy bits to top up the beer fund, and I fully intend to make each and every picnic, weekender, and of course the Annual. Even the odd workday too, if I can manage it.

And a spot of recruiting too, from down my way.
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica

Next

Return to South East