// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - A very sad day for me.......

A very sad day for me.......

banter general discussions etc

A very sad day for me.......

Postby dandan on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:16 pm

Due to poor life choices, ignorance, a serious dose of bad luck and generally burying my head in the sand, I have had to make one of the most difficult choices of my life and start the process of filing a petition for bankruptcy.
This, however, has also led to another hard decision. Due to the astronomical charges for the process (£500 :shock: ) and the fact that I am not working, I am having to sell the Fronty (Admin: this is not a for sale thread :wink: ) to help raise the funds (unless some kind sole decides to lend me £345 or I have a lottery win or unexpected inheritance!).

It does also mean that my frequent visits to the site will be severely reduced whilst I sort out my situation. As such I would like to ask if anyone would volunteer to take over the role of GWR sign-up "Mod(?)"?

I thank you all for your advice and general niceness. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this wonderful forum. I will pop back from time to time to see how you all are and point the future owner of Project #1 in this direction in the hope that they might see the potential I did in the truck.

So.....with a heavy heart, I will say ta ta for now.

Stay muddy :wink:

Dan
If you're sat there thinking things just can't get any worse, just wait......
dandan
GURU
GURU

Region: South East

Re: A very sad day for me.......

Postby Red Oktober on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:29 pm

No worries Dan ....the GWR thread is being looked after :D

we'll expect you to return to the fronty ownership again once you've sorted your issues out :lol:

We wish you very good luck in whatever you do ....don't be too much of a stranger :wink:
Red Oktober
Retired

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1995/N
Region: South West

Postby Big Dave on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Red Oktober wrote:We wish you very good luck in whatever you do ....don't be too much of a stranger :wink:

Good Luck Dan - hope you sort everything out :wink:
Big Dave
Member of http://www.northtyne4x4.com http://www.4x4uk.org
Big Dave
my other car is a broken down frontera,

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Honda Civic
Modifications: Dreams
Region: North East

Postby Rich2.4i on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Hope you get everything sorted out Dan good luck to you :wink:

Hope to see you as a fronty owner again sometime soon
I Like this Truck of mine, just like me it's well run in it's not old just older.

My Truck's :
Playtoy : '94 M Frontera 2.4i LWB NOW SOLD AS DIED
Family truck : '07 Ford Ranger Thunder 2.5 TDCI
Rich2.4i
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1994/M
Vehicle Name: MUDDY DUCK
Modifications: MY PLAY TRUCK ( MUDDY DUCK ) : 2.4I LWB FRONTERA '94 M
New look grill,
CB fitted,
Bull bars,
Side steps,
Removed All mud flaps,
16" Chevy Blazer Alloy wheels,
Removed spare wheel carrier from the rear,
front valance trimmed a Little,
Snorkel ( NOT HOME MADE )

Rearranged back bumper & quarter panel
NOW SOLD AS DIED ....................

MY Car :
Ford Ranger Thunder '07
Region: South Wales

Postby Reeco on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Dan, First things first Mate, Tough times never last but tough people do. I have gone through some tough times in my life and will no doubt go through some more, as Carl said don't worry about the GWR, just consentrate on sorting out the current situation. Please read this when you feel the need to as I find it very inspirational and it always gets me going, I have always had the ability to go under, over, through or around any tough situation I have found myself in but sometimes it's tough. Enjoy.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt
but Richard Nixon did use the quote in his speech of resignation.

If anyone is reading this and wants my bull bar it's in the for sale section, you can have it for £50.00 + P+P and the
£ 50 will go to help Dan out, this will not be a loan, it shall be a donation. ATB. Reeco
PS if you want the bull bar and live between Swansea and Derby, I will deliver it to the nearest motorway junction for free.
Last edited by Reeco on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reeco

Postby andysd1 on Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Reeco wrote:Hi Dan, First things first Mate, Tough times never last but tough people do. I have gone through some tough times in my life and will no doubt go through some more, as Carl said don't worry about the GWR, just consentrate on sorting out the current situation. Please read this when you feel the need to I find it very inspirational and it always gets me going, I have always had the ability to go under, over, through or around any tough situation I have found myself in but sometimes it's tough. Enjoy.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." Richard Nixon

If anyone is reading this and wants my bull bar it's in the for sale section, you can have it for £50.00 + P+P and the
£ 50 will go to help Dan out, this will not be a loan, it shall be a donation. ATB. Reeco

sod this i have a set of peper pot alloys £50, +pp and the £50 goes to dan,
flying solo, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: snake
Region: North West

Postby Reeco on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:04 pm

COME ON PEOPLE SOMEBODY MUST WANT A SET OF ALLOYS AND A BULL BAR, IT'S FOR A GOOD CAUSE. ATB. Reeco
Reeco

Postby LINE-X Cornwall on Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Dan, I dont know you personally but i would like to help & I have the following id like to add to the list,

all from a M reg 2.4 petrol

Complete Distributor + Cap + Leads
Engine ECU & imobiliser ECU
Fuel Pump & sender unit (complete)
Windscreen Wiper motor

Decent offers for the lot or single items please, ( all procedes - postage to Dan)

Hope this is of help matey.
1995 2.8 lwb
1995 2.0 swb
1992 2.3 lwb,,,,, is it red or is it green ? its my old new play machine !!!
1997 2.2 lwb ,Decided to break this one, Very excelent 120k petrol engine !!! serious offers invited.
1995 2.4 lwb A FEW PARTS LEFT FOR SALE !!!
LINE-X Cornwall
Fronty Engineer
Fronty Engineer

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1995/M
Modifications: 2"lift
Region: South West

Postby 4x4 bobby on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:15 pm

dandan wrote:Due to poor life choices, ignorance, a serious dose of bad luck and generally burying my head in the sand, I have had to make one of the most difficult choices of my life and start the process of filing a petition for bankruptcy.
This, however, has also led to another hard decision. Due to the astronomical charges for the process (£500 :shock: ) and the fact that I am not working, I am having to sell the Fronty (Admin: this is not a for sale thread :wink: ) to help raise the funds (unless some kind sole decides to lend me £345 or I have a lottery win or unexpected inheritance!).

It does also mean that my frequent visits to the site will be severely reduced whilst I sort out my situation. As such I would like to ask if anyone would volunteer to take over the role of GWR sign-up "Mod(?)"?

I thank you all for your advice and general niceness. I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this wonderful forum. I will pop back from time to time to see how you all are and point the future owner of Project #1 in this direction in the hope that they might see the potential I did in the truck.

So.....with a heavy heart, I will say ta ta for now.

Stay muddy :wink:

Dan

Hi Dan. Dont despair, I did it on the 29th Feb 08. I was allso made redundent on the 3rd March so i know how you feel. Good luck mate and keep your chin up.

Rob
Comments on Betsy here please!!! viewtopic.php?f=115&t=56282

Bobster!!!!

Frontera's do it better in MUD!!!
West Midlands Area Rep

Its here, the FOG Annual Meet 2014 viewforum.php?f=123
4x4 bobby
Satanic Mechanic
Satanic Mechanic

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: Betsy
Modifications: Light bar. CB attena on rear door. Wider wheels from an "A" series.
Region: Midlands

Postby brachunky on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:27 pm

Eyup Dan,There will be tough times ahead but I know a few peeps who have gone thru this bankruptcy challenge and all have said that once its done,in a wierd way, it feels like a massive weight has been removed from their shoulders. As Rob said,keep yer chin up matey :wink:
Martin
brachunky
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Modifications: 1997 Jeep Cherokee 2.5 td VM
3 inch suspension lift
31 10.5 Muds
Safari Snorkel
Region: Midlands

Postby bobbinsjob on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Dont worry about the GWR mate, just get yourself sorted. It's not how many times you get knocked down, It's how many times you get back up that counts. Good luck mate
SIZE DOES MATTER!!
MEMBER 1728
1996 2.8 SWB called VIPER

Members Ride section for VIPER

Comments on VIPER here

GET YOUR CARTOON CAR HERE
bobbinsjob
Rev Limit Finder
Rev Limit Finder

Vehicle Name: Viper
Modifications: Deep offset Steel modular wheels with 32/11.5/15 Kuhmo KL71 mud tyres
+2" Plasma body lift
Flipped ball-joints
+2" spring spacers
Custom built roof rack
Light bar
Modified Navara tubular rear bumper
Mental cammo paint job

Postby dandan on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 pm

I had a read of the posts earlier but didn't reply cos it reduced me to tears :oops:

I can't thank you all enough for giving me a bit of light in what, for me, is a very dark time.

*REMOVED: A moment of huge self pity and life story telling :wink: *

I have been asked by LINE-X how I would like to receive any donations and all I can say is.... :cry: you lot really are a special bunch and any help at this time is extremely appreciated but I feel far from worthy.

All monies that are raised for my OR fees will be looked after by my partner so cheques would probably be best (PM me for details).
I would like to say that it was never my intention to ask anyone here for funds/donations/help and the offer of such was extremely unexpected.

As for future ownership..... I will be keeping all the little bits I have already bought, ready to go straight in the next one :dance:

I cannot say thank you enough for your help and support.

Dan
dandan
GURU
GURU

Postby Huwwalford on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:07 pm

Just a thought and forgive me if I am speaking out of place.....How's about "Chipping for Dan".

I reckon we have about 100 regular posters on FOG. If we all chip in £3 this will equate to £300 plus Reeco's and Andy's offers, may see him OK.

Sorry people, just my thoughts and offer.

Huw.
Owner of 'Maisey Daisey' aka Frontera LWB 2.2DTLi! Model year 2000.
Huwwalford
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/X
Vehicle Name: Maisey Daisy
Region: South Wales

Postby Reeco on Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:26 pm

Hi All, Huw don't be sorry Mate, that's an excellent idea, in a dire situation it's nice to know people are there for each other and while we all know Dan didn't ask for help, it's up to me and whoever to do the right thing if and when we can, the words,
" There but for the grace of God go I "
I don't drink but my Wife and I have a curry every weekend, this weekend I won't my curry money will go to Dan by way of a donation. I feel strongly about this, I am going to PM Dan for a postal addy to send him my curry money for Saturday night, I hope not but one day help like this could be the kind of help that help you to fight the good fight. ATB. Reeco
Reeco

Postby andysd1 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:25 am

its all good, and we are one bid family, all be it a strange bunch, could you imagin the family photo shoot,
flying solo, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
andysd1
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Vehicle Name: snake
Region: North West

Postby Big Dave on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:46 am

I don't know you Dan, but through the family that is FOG I feel that if I can help I will

If someone wants to PM me an address, I'm sure I can raise a cheque for 3 quid :wink:

Just thinking of that family portrait (shudder)
Big Dave
Member of http://www.northtyne4x4.com http://www.4x4uk.org
Big Dave

Vehicle Name: Honda Civic
Modifications: Dreams
Region: North East

Postby dandan on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:16 am

I have passed my details on to Red Oktober, should anyone wish to contact me.

I can't tell you lot enough how unexpected and appreciated your support is. :oops:

Many, many thanks

Dan
dandan
GURU
GURU

Postby Mossey on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:37 pm

Again I have no idea who dandan is but would like to help if I can, could we not do it through donations with the paypal link with a percentage going to the site and the rest to dan? that way he could get one check from the site???
Mossey
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Postby Mossey on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Just to add - we all have our problems that it seems no-one else cares about, I have been trying to renovate a house for almost two years and still cant move in yet. Bills coming at me from all angles, very little money, a job that doesn't pay very well and a girlfriend that can't decide which of the seven dwarfs she is going to be today ( usually grumpy or sleepy).
I have resigned to the fact that it's not about the choices that have already been made but about the one's that still need to be made. Also just occasionally someone lends a helping hand usually when you least expect and those are the people you never forget.
The worlds strongest characters have often faced the biggest challenges.
Good luck for youre future choices.
Mossey.
Mossey
Senior Frontera Engineer
Senior Frontera Engineer

Postby Reeco on Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi Mossey, Good post Mate. ATB. Reeco
Reeco

Next