// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Round England Trip in my Fronty - the final story

Round England Trip in my Fronty - the final story

banter general discussions etc

Round England Trip in my Fronty - the final story

Postby Kotch on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi. I'm not sure if this should go in general discussion or the lounge but I've put it in here as there seem to be more posts here.

Back in 2013 a few guys in East Anglia held a spanner party to prepare my Fronty to do a round England trip. At the party were:
Neil AKA RatCav - at his house I think
Andy AKA AndyTats
Bobinsjob
MickH AKA Mick

They did a grand job of sorting out my vacuum tubes and cleaned out the inlet manifold (I think). The MPG was improved massively (I can't find any records now I'm afarid) and the truck ran so much better.

I planned the trip, visiting every county in England, with the intention of writing a book about the journey and the things that happened along the way. That book has now been written and five years (and 3128 miles) later, after delays with editors and video film makers, etc., I've found a publisher. Unfortunately, being an unknown writer, the publisher (Unbound) uses a crowdfunding model but otherwise they are the same as any other publisher so you should eventually see the book in Waterstones in a year or so. (Otherwise crowdfunding is a bit like a preordering system.) You can read all about it on the publisher's web site here.

https://unbound.com/books/in-satnav-we-trust/

I'd like to thank the guys who came out on the day. I handed over some beer but there had been no expectation of payment, just a bunch of blokes sharing an interest and helping out a less capable guy. Without your help, and that's not to forget the support of the forum too, I couldn't have done the trip and I wouldn't be looking at a change in my career into creative writing.

Cheers

Andy AKA Kotch
"Every man and every woman is a star." Uncle Aleister.

Check out my book about my round England trip in my Fronty
Kotch
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: It's a B series by the way. (There didn't seem to be an option of A or B on the list.)

All pretty standard now, including the rust. The wheels and tyres and spare wheel cover in the picture are gone now. The front badges had been removed when I bought it. I'm thinking of buying the letters for Canyonero to replace them.
Region: South East

Re: Round England Trip in my Fronty - the final story

Postby stretch on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Great bunch of lads them and have all helped me out before. I hope your book gets published.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Re: Round England Trip in my Fronty - the final story

Postby Kotch on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Yes indeed. I couldn't have made the trip without their support. I'd always meant to come back here to say when the book is ready. I've got my publisher, we just need to raise the funding as I'm a bit of an unknown. It was a post on Instagram from Andyhurst_fog who reminded me that it was on my list to come and post a thank you here.
"Every man and every woman is a star." Uncle Aleister.

Check out my book about my round England trip in my Fronty
Kotch

Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: It's a B series by the way. (There didn't seem to be an option of A or B on the list.)

All pretty standard now, including the rust. The wheels and tyres and spare wheel cover in the picture are gone now. The front badges had been removed when I bought it. I'm thinking of buying the letters for Canyonero to replace them.
Region: South East

Return to General discussion