[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead Frontera Technical Support • View topic - WHAT YOU DID TO YOUR TRUCK TODAY!
Modifications: aftermarket sidesteps A series soft bull bar + spots noisy airhorns ( to annoy the mrs ) headlight protectors steinmetz grille pipercross induction kit 9j 18" alloys with 255/55 grabbers safari snorkel raised 2" plus rough country shocks FOG stickers braided brake hoses more stickers than you can shake a stick at ;)
spent a couple of hours painting underseal over some of the surface rust on the chassis rails (after wire brushing as much as i could reach) another couple of hours and it should all be done and ready for the MOT...
think I need a can of the spray stuff to reach the parts i can't get to with the brush..
(nice pics of Scotland, by the way)
The greatest lesson in life is to know that even us idiots are right sometimes
Modifications: manual switch for Rad fan.. LWB rear light conversion.. Working CB (finally) wound up torsion bars 3/4'' to remove 13 years of sag 2'' body lift FOG stickers....oh yeah, I am that sad that i call that a mod LED running lights.. . Coming soon...(well in the future, it's been coming soon for two years now)
well today i will be using it as a removal van. my son & his wife plus babies into their new place.the effin council have given them 3 days to hand back the keys to they old flat. the council don't give you long to move do they on the plus side its a lovely little maisonette.
It's more of a what I done to the truck this week, fitted new top and bottom ball joints (play in the tops and the O/S front lower was starting to squeak), front disca and pads (pads were getting low and the hubs were off anyway), stripped; clean and adjusted the rear brakes: changed the oil and filter: checked the valve clearances; removed the remains of the Oxfordshire Lanes and Salisbury Plain from the underside; painted the front bumper and give it a wash and polish ( to remove the muck and scratches won while laning). Just got back from MOT, now rthe proud owner of a new test certificate .
Now I'll got back to welding; cutting and grinding.............. making a winch bumper.....and have been on and off (when the fun prevention officer permits) for nearly 12 months. Might even get it finished for the annual meet.
Modifications: Extended axle and transmission breathers. Suspension lift curtesy of TJM +2 springs +2 Rough country shocks curtesy of Llama 4X4 Mitsibushi L200 wheel (16x7 10mm offset) Hankook RT03 285/75R16 Long wheel base light conversion 50mm body lift Twin Electric rad fan conversion Roof mounted waffle board rack with boards Light bar with Lights and CB ariel mount Custom built winch bumper to suite Body lift Tmax 11000 lbs winch with external and incab controls. Aisin Manual Hubs
I went and filled one of my Jerry cans with unleaded to put in Chugga (knew she was low on fuel) so that I could start her up. Battery booster at the ready (although not hooked up to the car) I put the petrol in, then turned the ignition key...2 turns later ad *BANG* she fired first time. Not bad considering she's not even been touched in 2 months. God I love that car.
Im nissed already, but before I got there I thought I best start the old girl, she aint been started for a week, boom the baby bust into life after a 5 second burst...best is no smoke
After drainiing out what can only be best described as diluted cats p1$$ from the gearbox. I then gave her a full engine and gearbox oil change (with nice new oil filter).
Seems to have solved the metallic rattling I was getting when idling. Must of been a bit short of oil and in very poor condition as well.
Modifications: Its a Frontera that is heavily disguised as a Mk.1 LWB Isuzu Bighorn 2.8TD Lotus Edition. Hi-roof modification. EGR valves and birds nest of vacuum pipes removed. Front Manual Locking Hubs. Rear Limited Slip Differential. Yota Surf steels, with custom paintjob. (cheers Gregster) 33x12.5" R15 General Grabber AT 2's. +2" suspension lift. +3" body lift. Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm. Irmscher wheel arch flares. Full body restoration/respray. (cheers Gregster again!)
Awesome Drift ... for reference there were two different thread sizes on the filters. One small, and one larger. Mine has the smaller thread. My filters are about 4" tall. Does that sound right?
Modifications: Its a Frontera that is heavily disguised as a Mk.1 LWB Isuzu Bighorn 2.8TD Lotus Edition. Hi-roof modification. EGR valves and birds nest of vacuum pipes removed. Front Manual Locking Hubs. Rear Limited Slip Differential. Yota Surf steels, with custom paintjob. (cheers Gregster) 33x12.5" R15 General Grabber AT 2's. +2" suspension lift. +3" body lift. Cat 1 Thatcham approved alarm. Irmscher wheel arch flares. Full body restoration/respray. (cheers Gregster again!)
Well after all the blood sweat and tears (wasn't quite that bad actually) I've had getting this little pick up ready for the MM weekend I wanted to try out the dash mounted camera mount that Mark had fitted. Unfortunately the camera looks straight at the huge crack in the windscreen , so the vids had a big line through the middle of them all. Plan B. I thought I'd give the Blackberry a go in the phone mount, which when I post the vids you can judge for yourself. Considering it's only a mobile phone at the end of the day I was reasonably pleased.
I picked a couple of nice and gentle lanes that are on my doorstep to give the little pick up a shakedown and make sure nothing went bang or pop.
To follow are the vids from the Blackberry. Apologies for the music, It didn't occur to me until I got back home and played them
The following vids contain music with adult related lyrics. You have been warned!
Also today I topped the rear diff after curing the leak. Adjusted the n/s/r handbrake but will need a set of shoes sooner rather than later. Checked the front diff oil and checked engine oil which seems to have stopped leaking since I nipped up the sump bolts (happy days!) Coolant also seems to have stabilised. Tested the twin fan conversion while laning, gets a bit hot for my liking before the fan cuts in , but it works. Thouroghly tested the 4WD which was a bit iffy , but seems to be working well now.
Bolted this into the load bay for spares and tools.
And dug this out and finally put it up. It was perfect until I dragged it through a patch of gear oil
Realised back garden was a dump and better sort that tomorrow
Was just some gentle stuff to make sure it was all OK before next weekends Mad March weekender. Was going great until I dragged my tent through a pool of gear oil
Better than my day then, I moved mine started my sport up moved it 6ft forward an then 6ft backwards let it tick over for a wee bit then the switched it off locked it forgot my torch i wanted to charge up an the flipping alarm wouldnt shut off had to remove the black box loock unlock an then refitt it . Then i played with the pods
Well I fitted me new explored pro comp shocks piece of pishh started at 8.00 this morning -2 outside finished and back on the road by 10.05 picked up cb ready to fit for MM weekend cut the lawn and washed and waxed miss us car all in all good day