// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Non-starter plus TPS coupler replacement

Non-starter plus TPS coupler replacement

banter general discussions etc

Non-starter plus TPS coupler replacement

Postby Oggi on Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi guys,

First post so go easy on me....

My brother has a Frontera 2.2 diesel (2003) is it YTDH the engine (something like that from memory), yesterday whilst driving it just cutout (after a bit of spluttering) and now refuses to start at all. His pet mechanic has taken a look and declared it more or less OK (checked the fuel priming etc) but it just refuses to start. The brother has had a few issues recently when it drops into the "limp mode" for a while but generally he says it was running fine up until that point.

When I took a look at it all I could find was that the small plastic coupler that attaches the TPS to the shaft had broken into pieces (we've bodged it back together but it still won't start) so as a supplementary question do the Vauxhall dealers sell the coupler as an individual item or is there somewhere else I can obtain a new one.... I can't find any mention of it on the internet.

Any clues from your experience would be handy, I've read about the vac pipes and the leak back pipes etc and I doubt that they've been done but the sudden nature of the failure seems at odds with those problems (I could be wrong though.... wife says it happens all the time!).

Code are as follows P0638-5, P1222-A, P0105-2, P0110-1, P0400, P1613 & P01614 (some of these may be historical or have been caused when he's flattened the battery, after clearing it only showed the P0638-5 which I think is the TPS).

Regards to you all.
Oggi

Region: South East

Re: Non-starter plus TPS coupler replacement

Postby crash_ndie on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:09 pm

hi pal will it start with the dreaded easy start ? I use this as a base point, if it will start and run with a wiff of the good stuff :crazy: , it usually means the rest of the lump an brains is all good... I know the fuel pumps on the 2.2 like to eat themselves :roll: so check the fuel filter for brass filings...
crash_ndie
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.3 TD
Registration Year: 1995/M
Vehicle Name: the hulk
Modifications: erm tints and a green bumper 2" lift 16" wheels and some muds
Region: North West

Re: Non-starter plus TPS coupler replacement

Postby Oggi on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes it coughs and splutters with the easy start but obviously won't catch and run as such. Had a quick chat with the bro and he reckons the fuel filter was done a few months ago, I'll get him to check it again and report back.

Regards.
Oggi

Region: South East

Return to General discussion