// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Frontera 2001 3.2 LWB thermostat location

Frontera 2001 3.2 LWB thermostat location

banter general discussions etc

Frontera 2001 3.2 LWB thermostat location

Postby 1packabs on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi everybody.
I need to find the thermostat on my 2001 3.2 v6 as she's running a little hot in this hot weather.
She's fine then all of the sudden the temp rises up to 100 and then back down again.
Me thinks the thermostat is sticking so I would like to change it.
I can't find it or would know where it is.
Anybody know?
Many thanks
1packabs
mud splasher
mud splasher

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 2001/51
Vehicle Name: Sherman
Modifications: None. She's staying standard.m
Region: South East

Re: Frontera 2001 3.2 LWB thermostat location

Postby ghosthunter on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:26 am

Thermostat is under the intake manifold so unfortunately the inlet needs to come off to replace it. If you ge a torch and shine it underneath the manifold you can just about see it. It looks a pain in the backside but it doesn't take too long. If you haven't done it before allow yourself a morning. Whilst your there check the condition of the metal water pipes that run around that area.they can rust from the inside out. And replace the intake gaskets whilst your there :dance: :dance:
Bag 'O' Sh*te No1 2.2 petrol 2000
Bag 'O' Sh*te. No2 3.2 petrol 1998
ghosthunter
frontera God
frontera God

Model: 3.2 V6 5dr
Registration Year: 1998/S
Vehicle Name: Bag 'O' Sh**e No2
Region: North Wales

Re: Frontera 2001 3.2 LWB thermostat location

Postby martin.holt4 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Hi there. I'm contemplating doing the same job on my 2001 3.2 Ltd. which has been intermittently running too hot for a while. I'd be grateful for some further advice if you don't mind:

I think the body of the inlet manifold is held down by 4 bolts, so these shouldn't be too difficult to remove. I guess I need to disconnect the injectors/hoses, throttle cable etc and lift the whole unit off? Or, do I need to take the throttle body off the manifold, or the top section (think it's called a collector) off the manifold?

Do I need to remove what calls itself a thermostat housing i.e. the unit supporting the drive belt pulley with all the sensors in (but not actually housing the thermostat!)

Where can I find a decent supplier of gaskets? Not much on ebay except a few in Australia and GSF have drawn a blank.

Many thanks in advance

Martin
martin.holt4

Region: South East

Return to General discussion