// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Replaced leak off pipes, now it's not starting

Replaced leak off pipes, now it's not starting

banter general discussions etc

Re: Replaced leak off pipes, now it's not starting

Postby stretch on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:30 am

Did you get any further with this? I still haven't had time to look at it again.
stretch
Rain cloud of doom
Rain cloud of doom

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 2000/W
Vehicle Name: F.I.T.T
Modifications: 12v feed in boot
Truckputer under construction
Front & rear recovery points
De side stepped
Region: East Anglia

Postby dave1966 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:12 pm

I had this same issue after I cleaned my inlet manifold and I primed/bled the system with not any luck. I didn't want to use the easy start but had no choice, I got my missus to spray the easy start into the air intake pipe while I cranked it and it would shake then burst into life but then cut out again, I got the missus to spray it again while I cranked it and once I got it running, I kept the revs up until the smoke cleared from the exhaust. It's been running great ever since never had to use easy start again. You could always try the easy start again.
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: Scotland

Postby Tansu on Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:00 am

Thanks for checking on me. You must have sensed it, I spent some time yesterday and today again working on the car. Unfortunately news are not good.

I declared the injection pump dead today, I believe it is delivering fuel but not at a pressure high enough to open the injectors. With the amount of cranking attempts I have done since it has stopped, diesel should have come out of the exhaust really! As a last ditch attempt I wanted to replace the output transistor in pump ECU (I am slightly better in electronics than mechanics), which I started to tackle yesterday. First it was promising, seeing the pump full of diesel and all but insulation of the cable to timing solenoid was brittle at the extreme and just crumbled away as I removed the ECU. Not sure if this contributed to the issue or if pump ECU repair would have fixed the starting problem but now it needs the pump removed to fix the cables and I am not up for the job. Sadly it'll be going on ebay as a non-runner.

Stretch, good luck to you, hope you get it going again and keep us posted. Dave, good to hear that yours recovered.

I'd like to thank everyone who tried to help and for all the ideas.
Tansu
2.2 DTI LWB, 2000/X
Tansu
Apprentice Frontera engineer

Registration Year: 2000/X
Region: South East

Postby Tansu on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:33 pm

It's on ebay now as a non-runner with £1 start, if anyone is interested.
Tansu
2.2 DTI LWB, 2000/X
Tansu

Registration Year: 2000/X
Region: South East

Previous

Return to General discussion