// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Help please

Help please

banter general discussions etc

Help please

Postby MADMIFF on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Hello People,

Does anyone know why my posts to sell my Frontera are being deleted without any explanation.

I am only selling it because I am unable to work due to ill health and need to money, not becuase I dont like Frontys any more.

Thank you.

Kev.
MADMIFF
2WD
2WD

Re: Help please

Postby Loneranger on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:02 pm

You have to post as certain amount of times before you are allowed to just post for sale ads i believe.

Its to build the community feel so people dont just use it for a sale page.

Someone else may be along shortly to explain better and may suggest ways round it, if there are any.

Pete
Loneranger
frontera God
frontera God

Registration Year: 1995/N
Modifications: 3.1 swb Trooper
2 inch suspension lift
2 inch Body lift - pending
33" KL71 mud tyres
winch
extra strong front and rear bumpers
Region: Midlands

Postby aredee on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm

hi mate as lone ranger say

][/quote]new rules, selling via the forum

we the FOG Team have decided to allow members with a min post count of 50 to post in the "FOR SALE" Section free of charge..

please note, we have made it a min post count of 50 to stop members just joining the forum, simply to advertise in this section
aredee
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Bubbles
Region: Southern England

Postby MADMIFF on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Ok, thank you very much for this information although it does kind of make sense, it should also take into account how long a poster has been a member of the group. I have been a memeber since 2008, so although I may not have made many posts, I think I have been a member for long enough to be able to sell my car through the site.

With an attitude like that, what if a FOG member saw my car on another site and really wanted it but I said, no sorry you can't because you haven't looked at enough other cars to know that mine is the one you really want.

The idea of selling it on this site makes sense because it gives other Fronty owners first choice to get her, so in fact I should be praised for doing so, not dismissed.

Thank you.
MADMIFF
2WD
2WD

Postby Loneranger on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:54 pm

The answer would be you may of been a member since 2008 but having only posted 2 seems strange.

Its upto you who you sell it to or not, good luck with it.

Pete
Loneranger
frontera God
frontera God

Registration Year: 1995/N
Modifications: 3.1 swb Trooper
2 inch suspension lift
2 inch Body lift - pending
33" KL71 mud tyres
winch
extra strong front and rear bumpers
Region: Midlands

Postby aredee on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:33 pm

Good luck with your sale mate ,im not responsible for the rules i just copied and pasted from else where in the forum
I have noticed you said earlier that lack of work forced sale but in ebay ad you say your after a land cruiser so maybe if you get one their forum rules maybe different lol
aredee
How Many Posts
How Many Posts

Model: 2.2 DTI 5dr
Registration Year: 1999/T
Vehicle Name: Bubbles
Region: Southern England

Postby fogman on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:48 pm

if you read the rules re advertising the selling of cars without the minimum amount of 50 posts but being a long standing fog member you have to ask admin for permission first, i guess if you send a pm to admin you would then be allowed.
WHY AINT I GOT AN ALL SINGING & ALL DANCING SIGNATURE LIKE BOXY & DRIFTY ?

fogman
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: East Anglia

Postby gregster on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:50 pm

MADMIFF wrote:Hello People,

Does anyone know why my posts to sell my Frontera are being deleted without any explanation.

I am only selling it because I am unable to work due to ill health and need to money, not becuase I dont like Frontys any more.

Thank you.

Kev.

I deleted your for sale posts as they contravened forum rules...

MADMIFF wrote:Ok, thank you very much for this information although it does kind of make sense, it should also take into account how long a poster has been a member of the group. I have been a memeber since 2008, so although I may not have made many posts, I think I have been a member for long enough to be able to sell my car through the site.

With an attitude like that, what if a FOG member saw my car on another site and really wanted it but I said, no sorry you can't because you haven't looked at enough other cars to know that mine is the one you really want.

The idea of selling it on this site makes sense because it gives other Fronty owners first choice to get her, so in fact I should be praised for doing so, not dismissed.

Thank you.

Being a member means contributing to the group, not financially, but in terms of posts, helping others and acknowledging other members posts that have helped solve problems on your own vehicle...

Being a member is not just signing up for an account in 2008, and the first post being to sell a car some 7 years later...

I dont see how you percieve you should be "praised", in your own words, for joining a group, contributing nothing, using the information that others have contributed without as much as a thankyou and helping no-one else with your fronty experiences or joining in with the groups discussions or events....

The idea of offering a car for sale to people who have already got one (clues in the title "frontera OWNERS") is kinda flawed...but a trusted and known member who's car everyone knows because of their contributions and updates might have been of interest to other members as they would know its history and the person selling it, and would probably have seen it, either face to face, or in members rides threads or updates...

Your lack of knowledge of the "Rules" when selling on here (post count, contribution, phone numbers in ads), just goes to show how involved you have been with this group over the 5 years or so.

Based on this, ebay or autotrader will probably be the best outlet for your vehicle...good luck with your sale.
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery