// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - V4xhl on Facebook

V4xhl on Facebook

banter general discussions etc

V4xhl on Facebook

Postby dave1966 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi all.

There is a good club on Facebook just now called V4xhl and have really good car meets North and South of the border, myself and the missus have been to a couple of them and what a great bunch of very friendly people. This group is open to ALL types of Vauxhall's, there is some meet happening in Blackpool in October from the 9th to the 12th. This group have won trophies for best club stand's too. There is to many Vectras, Astra's, Corsas,couple of classic vauxhalls and one Frontera and it would be good to show more Frontera's.

Many thanks.
Dave.
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: Scotland

Re: V4xhl on Facebook

Postby gregster on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:53 pm

There is also a good forum here which is struggling to get posts and activity since the swarm of facebook groups sprung up for their 5 mins of fame.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Check out the index thread below where pics/reviews from all our past meets can be found!!!!
click here for the SE Events Index/links Thread...see all the reviews and whats coming up soon!

Looks like I'm in trouble with the Mrs's again...
She asked me what I'd most like to do to her body...
Apparently "Identify it" is not the correct answer!

MAKE IT or BREAK IT! TEAMXTREME4X4
gregster
Winnebago..or does it?
Winnebago..or does it?

Model: 2.4 5dr
Registration Year: 1997/P
Vehicle Name: FRONTY4x4SPARES
Modifications: Drive a 2.2dti olympus, 2.8 lwb and 2.0i sport.
Breaking...
2.4i and 2.3td
2.0i C20ne and x20se x 4
2.8tdi x2
2.2i A
2.2i B LWB x3
x22dth B dti lwb x3
y22dth B dti lwb x5
Call Fronty4x4spares on
01622 739908.
Same day dispatch,
next day delivery
on 95% of items.
Region: South East

Postby yaki on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:06 am

gregster wrote:There is also a good forum here which is struggling to get posts and activity since the swarm of facebook groups sprung up for their 5 mins of fame.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Video might have killed the radio star but Facebook has defo been the killer of many forums, looks like the 'other Frontera' forum is shutting down

While Facebook does have its place, there is soooo much more useful searchable information on the forum
Soon to be without a Frontera after 10 years of owning one :-(
yaki
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI Sport 3dr
Registration Year: 1996/P
Vehicle Name: Eric
Modifications: A few

Front Winch & Bumper
MR2 Seats
+4" Springs
+4" Rough Country Shocks
Calmini Front Arms
Trooper Front Axle
Front Aussie Locker
Rear Trooper Axle
Rear Aussie Locker
35mm Diff Drop
12mm Ball Joint Spacers
33" Tyres
80mm Body Lift
Extended Axle Breathers
Aisin Manual Hubs
Rear Recovery Bumper
Braided Brake Hoses
EGR System Removed
DeCat
Fuel Tank Lift
Front & Rear Anti-Roll bar removed
Roof Console
EGT/Boost Gauge and Inclinometer in Centre Console
Region: South Wales

Postby dave1966 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:18 am

I will never leave this forum for as long as I own a fronty,as this was the very first Frontera owners forum I joined when I got my first Frontera which was a white 2.4 lwb and I've had brilliant advice,help and help with alot of parts and now I have moved up from the A series to the B series Frontera and I bought the B series from another fog member and I love it,even though it's got a few small problem's with it right now but I'm getting through them. To me fog is the best Frontera forum on the internet, I don't post much on here these days due to trying to get some jobs done on the fronty. For example replacing all four shock absorbers and also trying to source a decent fuel filler pipe which is hard. I am also battling my health issues as well and its not easy, I am battling with severe depression, asthma and a slipped disc in my back but I'm not letting my health issues beat me up.

What I like about fog is that it's not just got UK members but we have got alot of international members too, in my book that is what set's fog apart from the rest and has stayed online when others have failed.

Keep it up guys you all do a brilliant job on here.

That group is not a forum even though they had a forum but it suffered the fate as the other ones,I just thought that they need to have more Frontera's on show with them,people at one of there meet's was at a show and shine event that me and the missus went to, our Frontera got alot of attention from the public and some of them did not know that Vauxhall made a 4x4 and some of the public thought that the Antara was vauxhalls first 4x4.

I didn't want to cause offence about that group on here and its not my group as am to busy with personal stuff and I wouldn't know how to start a group.

Sorry if this has offended members.
R.I.P Sable!(2005 to 2013)
dave1966
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: Scotland

Return to General discussion