// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - A series SHACKLE BUSHES

A series SHACKLE BUSHES

banter general discussions etc

A series SHACKLE BUSHES

Postby jond66uk on Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:57 pm

Can someone please explain how to change the shackle bushes on an A series fronty. The Haynes manual makes it look too hard and complicated. Some pics would help if poss
2.4 Petrol estate
shake,rattle and rolls
jond66uk
Top Tech Bod
Top Tech Bod

Postby FUDDY MUCKER on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:54 pm

Easy mate. Forget the book of lies.

1. Unbolt bottom shackle pin. The one that goes through the Spring. But leave in place it will help in part 2.

2. Unbolt top shackle pin, the one that is attached to the chassis.

3. Take pin out of bottom part of shackle, you may need to knock it through with a punch or screw driver. Lower spring as far as it will go.

4. Take pin out of top part of Shackle, again you my need to knock it out.

5. At this point you can remove the old bushes or in my case what where left of them.

6. Get some rubber grease from your local motor factor and refit the bushes into the holes. Your bushes are in two parts so you dont need know fancy tools to drive them in. Cover the outside of them in the grease and refit is as removal.

7. Refit pins, again covering in rubber grease and refit all back together.

8. Make sure you copper grease the treads on the bolts before you add the nuts, makes life easier at a later date.

EASY. :wink:

Make sure you only use rubber grease, helps to prolong the bushes life span.

If you need them, I have a brand new set of standard size shackles complete with the pins if your interested. (not got the bushes though)

Just give me a pm, I am as you know only in Kidsgrove, Stoke on Trent, so if you wanted them before christmas you could call around.
FUDDY MUCKER
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Region: Midlands

Postby jond66uk on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Thanks, it's not my fronty that needed them. Thankfully i got mine renewed when i brought it. It's my mates 2.3 diesel, he has done all the jobs for the mot except the bushes. He has the bushes, but despite belting hell out of the shackles, they dont want to budge.
2.4 Petrol estate
shake,rattle and rolls
jond66uk
Top Tech Bod
Top Tech Bod

Return to General discussion