// Frontera Technical Support • View topic - Trying to post a picture

Trying to post a picture

Trying to post a picture

Postby bigman1207 on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:43 pm

I have managed to reduce my image (well of my truck) to the required size however everytime I try and post it keeps say attachment quota is full?

Any ideas?

Cheers

BM
bigman1207
mud splasher
mud splasher

Model: 2.0i Sport 3dr
Vehicle Name: The Truck
Modifications: Totally Standard
Region: East Anglia

Re: Trying to post a picture

Postby Wilberforce on Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:42 pm

This I think has been an issue for some time now (quite possibly deliberate too - Jay??)

Anyhow, try posting the images inline, using the code. Said pictures will have to be hosted elsewhere on the net though.
Photobucket is a fairly common choice. It's free to use, you have plenty of space, and it'll even resize photos for you on upload. Plus, once it's uploaded, Photobucket will even give you the correct code to cut & paste for forum use.

Jim
Jim...

South East Picnic site information

| Jessica - 2002 Isuzu Trooper Insignia LWB | 3.1 ltr hybrid conversion |
Wilberforce
The stick insect
The stick insect

Registration Year: 2002/51
Vehicle Name: Jessica
Region: North West

Postby Frenchfarmer on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Wilberforce wrote:This I think has been an issue for some time now (quite possibly deliberate too - Jay??)

Anyhow, try posting the images inline, using the code. Said pictures will have to be hosted elsewhere on the net though.
Photobucket is a fairly common choice. It's free to use, you have plenty of space, and it'll even resize photos for you on upload. Plus, once it's uploaded, Photobucket will even give you the correct code to cut & paste for forum use.

Jim

Bet you that made no to you sense at all.

Then click on..Upload images and pictures... then find the picture....Best thing is to choose the picture first and copy the name and then paste it in when you get to the " find picture bit".
Be prepared and outthink the *****
Right now we have the **ing picture in Photobucket.
Now hover over the **ing picture and a load of confusing stuff appears below it.
Right click on the bottom one ( img code ) and copy then paste it into your post.
Then listen to her indoors saying "There you go easy peasy" :axe: :drink: :drink: :drink:
If you need something done quickly just ask a busy woman then get the f"k out of her way.
Frenchfarmer
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: His (Her's is a Tranny.)
Modifications: Sept 27 2010 6pm. DMF bolted.
It works!!!!
Region: International

Postby Alchamist on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:41 am

Wilberforce wrote:This I think has been an issue for some time now (quite possibly deliberate too - Jay??)

Correct Jim - we have to make sure we're not abusing our hosting here, so we have to limit the storage space we take on our host's servers. Even we as admin don't get special treatment with this, and have to use photobucket etc :)
Jay
FOG Admin & IT Techincal Consultant

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Annual Meet 2012 | 1996 2.8TDi LWB | Comments on my Fronty | CRAG | Marshalling
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those who understand binary, and those who don't
Please let me know if anything I say offends you. I may want to offend you again in the future
Alchamist
Lord frontera
Lord frontera

Model: 2.8 TDI 5dr
Registration Year: 1996/N
Vehicle Name: Grey Devil (new name pending)
Modifications: .
* CB
* Rear recovery shackles
Region: Midlands

Return to PC & Technology discussion